If your laptop is stolen, the best thing you can do is track it down as quickly as possible. The sooner you find it, the less damage the thief will be able to do. In this article, we will discuss how to track a stolen laptop with serial number. We will also provide reviews of some of the most popular tracking software. By following our tips and using one of these programs, you should be able to get your laptop back in no time!
- Is It Possible to Track a Stolen Laptop – Yes or No?
- How to Track a Stolen Laptop with Serial Number: The Comprehensive Guide
- How to Activate the Laptop Tracking Feature on Windows 10?
- How Does Tracking a Stolen MacBook Work?
- Third-Party Programs to Track a Stolen Laptop
Is It Possible to Track a Stolen Laptop – Yes or No?
The first and most important question that needs to be answered is whether it is possible to track a stolen laptop using its serial number. The answer is – yes, it is possible in most cases. There are a few reasons for this:
- Most laptops have built-in GPS chips these days which can be used to track their location.
- Laptops also have IMEI numbers which can be used to track them in the same way as cell phones.
- The serial number of a laptop is usually registered with the manufacturer and they can sometimes help track down a stolen device if you provide them with the necessary information.
Of course, there are a few exceptions to this rule. If the thief knows how to disable the GPS tracking or change the IMEI number, then it might not be possible to track the laptop. However, in most cases, it is possible to at least get a general idea of where the stolen device is located.
So how do you go about tracking a stolen laptop with its serial number? Read on to find out.
How to Track a Stolen Laptop with Serial Number: The Comprehensive Guide
Now that we know it is possible to track a stolen laptop using its serial number, let’s look at how to do it. There are a few different methods you can use, and we’ll go over each one in detail.
One way to track a stolen laptop is by using the built-in GPS chip. If your device has this feature, all you need to do is enable it and then find a tracking service that supports laptops. Once you’ve done that, you can simply input the serial number of your device into the tracking service and it will show you its current location.
Another way to track a stolen laptop is by using its IMEI number. This method works in much the same way as tracking a cell phone. You’ll need to find a tracking service that supports laptops and then input the IMEI number. Once you’ve done that, you can view the current location of the device.
The last way to track a stolen laptop is by contacting the manufacturer. In most cases, the serial number of your device will be registered with the manufacturer. This means that they may be able to help you track down your stolen laptop if you provide them with the necessary information. Of course, this method is not guaranteed to work, but it’s worth a try if all other methods fail.
So, there you have it! Now you know how to track a stolen laptop using its serial number. We hope this guide was helpful and that you can recover your stolen device. Thank you for reading!
How to Activate the Laptop Tracking Feature on Windows 10?
If you have a Windows laptop, you can take advantage of the “Find My Device” feature to track your lost or stolen device. This feature is available on all devices running Windows
To activate this feature, go to Settings > Update & Security > Find My Device. Make sure the slider is set to On.
How Does Tracking a Stolen MacBook Work?
If you have a MacBook, you can use the “Find My Mac” feature to track your lost or stolen device. This feature is available on all devices running macOS.
- To activate this feature, go to System Preferences > iCloud. Make sure the slider for Find My Mac is set to On.
- Once activated, you can track your MacBook from any browser by going to iCloud.com and signing in with your Apple ID.
- You will then see a map with the location of your lost or stolen MacBook. If it is online, you can also remotely lock or erase your device.
Keep in mind that tracking a stolen laptop with serial number is not foolproof and there are no guarantees that you will be able to recover your device. However, it is still the best chance you have of getting your laptop back.
Third-Party Programs to Track a Stolen Laptop
When it comes to tracking a stolen laptop with serial number, there are a few different programs that can be used. Some of these programs are free, while others require a subscription fee. Below, we will look at some of the most popular options:
- Prey: This is a free program that can be installed on your laptop. Once installed, you will be able to track the location of your laptop and even take pictures of the person using it.
- LoJack for Laptops: This program requires a subscription fee, but it offers some features that Prey does not. For example, LoJack for Laptops will allow you to remotely delete data from your laptop if it is ever stolen.
- Absolute LoJack: This is another subscription-based program that offers similar features to LoJack for Laptops.
As you can see, there are a few different options available to you if you need to track a stolen laptop with serial number. Which one you choose will ultimately depend on your budget and how much protection you feel you need. No matter which option you choose, however, tracking a stolen laptop with serial number is possible!