It’s possible to make a sound play automatically when motion is detected by using the IFTTT smartapps – this requires having an Amazon echo and either a wi-fi or bluetooth motion sensor.
How to make a sound play automatically using a motion sensor for smartthings
- Your wireless motion detector (can be either Bluetooth or Wi-Fi);
- SmartThings app downloaded on your phone;
- Amazon echo plus smartthings hub.
Then, follow these steps in order to make a sound play automatically when motion is detected using the IFTTT app:
– Open SmartThings app then select “SmartApps” from menu options at top of screen. From there, find “IFTTT” and open it.
– Sign into your IFTTT account by entering either Gmail or Facebook information then tap “connect” when you see the message saying that it has been connected successfully to one of these accounts; select configure trigger after this point.
– Afterwards, set up a new applet based on motion detection – open search in IFTTT then type in “motion”; select motion sensor – iris from the list of results.
Next, pick an action channel to complete this applet (i.e., Alexa) and make sure that it’s connected with your Amazon echo plus smartthings hub before proceeding further; press activate when you’re finished setting up this part of the applet.
After completing these steps, you can now enjoy a new level of convenience with your smart devices plus motion sensors since they will automatically play sound when motion is detected by using voice activated speakers such as Amazon echo – this method works best for those who want to keep their house secure or simply need more peace of mind.
You can now control your smart devices plus motion sensors with voice activated speakers such as Amazon echo – this is made possible by using the IFTTT app.