If your motion sensor is not responding or seems to be stuck, resetting it can resolve the issue.
How restart SmartThings Motion Sensor
- Make sure that the device has a power source of at least four hours;
- Press and hold down the two buttons on top until you see an orange light flashing – this means it is in setup mode;
- For each motion sensor, you will need to create a new device within the SmartThings app and name it accordingly. Repeat this for all sensors that are not responding or showing inaccurate readings.
There are several ways on how to reset smartthings motion sensor depending on the model purchased – some can be simply restarted while others will require the use of a paperclip to reset.
- make sure that this device has at least four hours of power
- press and hold down both buttons until an orange light flashes – this means its in setup mode
- for each motion sensor, create a new device in the SmartThings app and name it accordingly
Repeat this process for all sensors that are not responding or showing inaccurate readings.
If resetting your motion sensor doesn’t work, consider factory resetting it. This will require the use of a paperclip to hold down two specific buttons on top at the same time until you see an orange light flash; this means that your device is in setup mode and ready for new connections with other smart devices. From each motion sensor’s individual settings, delete the connection to your account.
How to reconnect smartthings motion sensor
Deleting the pairing between smartthings and your motion sensor will need to be done individually for each device:
– Press and hold down both buttons on top until an orange light appears;
– For each motion sensor, create a new device within the SmartThings app with its specific name or use default names such as “motion detector”.
– Ensure that all motion sensors are in close proximity to each other for best performance – this is because these devices use radio frequency (RF) signals which have a limited range; if needed, you can always purchase additional motion sensors or RF extenders.